nk-projects

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Place in Darkness by Kim Moon-Soo

New Year's Eve,
On my way home after striking the peace bell at Imjin Pavilion,
Across Imjin River from Freedom Road,
It is pitch black over yonder.

Loud BBoy Group,
On the bright stage for Korean Music Festival,
Fireworks light up the evening sky,
Across Imjin River over there,
Only darkness pitch black,
No people in sight

I want to go over there, a place in darkness,
When I think about the people in darkness,
Tears come down in my heart

I want to hold their hands,
People in darkness,
I want to hug them warmly,
People in hunger and despair

January 1, 2007 at 12:30 a.m.
On Freedom Road along Imjin River

Kim Moon-Soo



Notes: Imjin River is near DMZ separating South Korea from the North. There is a pavilion named Peace Pavilion at Imjin River, where Kim Moon-Soo striked the Peace Bell at midnight New Year's Eve. Freedom Road runs alongside Imjin River. BBoy Group is a popular musical band in South Korea. Kim Moon-Soo is the Governor of GyeongGi Province.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home